Tile Idea Terms & Conditions
“The company” means Tile Idea.
1) Unless otherwise stated in writing all prices quoted are inclusive of vat. The company reserves the right to increase the invoice price with any additional cost arising from any increase in the cost of acquiring the goods between the quotation date and the date on which the invoice is issued.
2) The company must be notified in writing within 48 hours of delivery of any claims by the buyer of any shortage or damage to goods in transit. Risk in respect of the goods passes to the buyer from the moment of delivery.
3) Shading and caliber is an inherent quality of tiles and the buyer must order the correct quantity for its requirements as the company cannot guarantee against variation in shading or caliber from batch to batch.
4) As the number of tiles per square yard and square metre is nominal the buyer will be responsible for ensuring sufficient quantity of tiles are ordered to cover the required area. Please note that orders will be supplied to the nearest full tile above the requested meterage. Your order will be automatically adjusted upwards to include full tiles only.
5) Orders cannot be cancelled except with the company's consent and upon the terms which will indemnify the company against all loss incurred by such cancellation (for example the cost of returning goods). A small handling charge of 15% of the value of the goods which ever is the greater (subject to vat) will be made.
6) Orders are accepted and promises for delivery given conditionally upon our being able to secure the necessary material, and without responsibility for delays arising through risks and uncertainties of manufacture, strike, accidents, or other causes beyond our control.
7) The supply of goods does not mean that they are suitable for a specific installation. We can only be held responsible for any failure on products supplied by us, to the extent that the manufacturer of such products is prepared to guarantee the same. No tiles are guaranteed against crazing.
8) Orders are accepted subject to being invoiced at prices ruling at the time of dispatch. Prices are subject to alteration without notice.
9) The company cannot, under any circumstances entertain any financial demands from the customer for late or incorrect delivery. As a company we always recommend that you never book a tiller until you have the tiles delivered.
10) The placement of an order for goods indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions cannot be varied unless agreed in writing by us. If we make a typographical, clerical or other omission in any information invoice or other document we shall be entitled to correct it without any liability on our part. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
When you use the web site, you may provide us with personal information regarding you. We use such information to confirm any order details, fulfil your orders, deal with your queries, and send you information about our products and services and for the purposes of record keeping. We will not release, offer or sell any personal information you provide to other third parties without first seeking your permission. Your details may sometimes be shared with our contractors or agents in order to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
We are able to restock any full boxes of stocked tiles providing they are in 'as new' condition and returned within 28 days with proof of purchase. There will be a 25% restocking charge and postage/delivery is to be paid by the customer.
Goods will be palletised and delivered on an artic trailer. If there is restricted access, please stipulate this in the 'Special Delivery Information' box on our website and we will contact you prior to dispatch of the order.
Tile Idea will always notify you of the specific delivery date of your order. In the advent that a delivery is made and you are not in to receive the goods, there will be a re-delivery charge of £40.00
BREAKAGE / SHORTAGES
Your goods will be delivered by an independent carrier therefore, prior to signing for the receipt of the goods please make sure that any discrepancy or damage are noted on the delivery note by you or anybody who signs on your behalf (any claims for discrepancy or damage not clearly marked on the delivery note cannot be accepted). Additionally Tile Idea must be notified in writing of the full extent of the discrepancy/breakage within 48 hours of receipt of the goods.
IMPORTANT: ALL SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS ARE NONE REFUNDABLE.
This site, including the content and information within it is governed by the laws of England
This site is operated by Area UK Ltd Trading as Tile Idea.
Our Registered address is The Counting House, Tower Buildings, Wade House Road, Shelf, HX3 7PB Registered in England Number 6654978 Our VAT registration number is 796 739 552.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this web site is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.